I am Huy Anh from the North Vietnam group. Both Vietnamese and American students are very excited for first day of GIEU. We had a scavenger hunt around the town that challenged us to walk to various destinations in the town. Moreover, there were many interesting things that I have rediscovered Hanoi - the city which I have been living for more than 20 years. Here are the top FIVE:
5. Walking across the street is very dangerous. However, my American friends get used to it faster than I think.
4. I like the tranquility of Sword Lake - the center of Hanoi very much. There is another world inside Jade Mountain Temple (Đền Ngọc Sơn) which is peaceful and calm. I wish I could go there when I have free time.
3. It is little bit chilly today. However, the weather is good in daytime. It is raining at night.
2. I love our group members. They are Alicia, Ellen and Shannon. All of them have made my great day although I cannot fully understand the conversation between them along the course today.
1. We have been walking for nearly 5 hours. Thus, I can sleep better tonight.
Some pictures were taken by Ellen:
Shannon, Alicia and Huy Anh at O Quan Chuong - one of Ancient City Gates
Long Bien bridge was built by French architecte, Gustave Eiffel, who designed the Eiffel Tower.
Shannon, Alicia and Ellen are in front of Ceramic Mural
Happy family ice cream :-D
Ellen's favorite part of Ceramic Mural. It depicts children celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival. For more information about Mid-Autumn Festival.
St. Joseph's Cathedral in the Old Quarters
National Library landscape
Shannon is checking index in library
Taking a rest in Jade Mountain Temple
Hanoi Opera House
Lunch at Phở 24
Ly Thai To King statue - the founder of Hanoi city
See you next time !